ONLINE EVENT About Learning Conversation: Grounding in Gratitude
A 90-minute online event for professionals seeking to meet, connect and share ideas. Seats are free but limited.
About Learning Conversations apply Thinking Environment® methodology to bring small groups of peers together to connect online, give and receive support, gain external input and progress their thinking on topics of common interest.
The conversation topic for November is: Grounding in gratitude
As we head towards the end of 2020, an extraordinary year by any measure, how can we bring ourselves back to ground, reflect on and conclude the year well?
Our brains are designed to register and remember negative news and events more readily than postive. This negative-bias was helpful in primitive times, remembering bad experiences, food that made us unwell, an unsafe area, helped us to survive. In modern times however, this bias is less helpful and can cause us to dwell on negative feedback and perceived failures, distrust those around us and limit our assumptions about what might be possible for ourselves, others and the planet.
The good news is the antitidote to negative-bias is readily available to us – it is simply the conscious presencing of gratitude and appreciation.
- Experience the power of grounding in gratitude
- Learn techniques to embed appreciation into your daily practice at home and work
- Discover the optimal praise-to-criticism ratio to improve performance
- Reflect on the year that’s been, acknowledge what has gone well and what you are grateful for
- Uncover realistic, liberating assumptions to set you up well for the year ahead
This online event is for:
All business people in the Asia Pacific region who are interested in:
- Connecting with diverse professionals and sharing ideas
- Experiencing a Thinking Environment
- Learning techniques to improve meetings, in-person and online
- Participating in an energising and connecting conversation
What’s the commitment?
There is no financial cost however you will be expected to:
- Show up on time and for the full 90 minutes
- Participate in the conversation and share your perspective
- Treat all participants with respect and keep all that is shared confidential
When and where?
- Date: Thursday 26 November 2020
- Start Time: Midday in Sydney & Melbourne, 2pm in NZ, 9am in Perth & Singapore
- Where: Online via zoom
I’m in! How do I book?
Zoom details and instructions to participate in this online event will be emailed to you.
About the Thinking Environment®
About Learning Conversations provide an opportunity to experience a Thinking Environment, a powerful process proven to generate authentic connection, idea generation and best quality thinking. Developed by Nancy Kline, the process is based on the following two observations:
- The quality of everything we do depends on the quality of the thinking we do first.
- The quality of our thinking depends on the way we treat each other while we are thinking.